Greek English Russian
 
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Chapel of Agios Andronicos and Agia Athanasia
Print this page
Chapel of Agios Andronicos and Agia Athanasia

The chapel of Agios Andronikos and Agia Athanasia is located southeast of the village. It is an old stony single-aisled chapel with a ridge tiled roof. The construction year of the church is unknown because several construction works that took place in the past make it hard to pinpoint the date of its construction. What is worth mentioning is that an important portable icon of 1953, which today adorns the church of Agios Kyprianos, was found at the chapel.

Sources:
Giorgos Karouzis, StrollingAroundCyprus, Nicosia, City and District, Nicosia 2001
Community Council
Agios Kyprianos in Menoiko, Holy Bishopric of Morfou, “Theomorfou Publications”

 
 
« September 2018 »
MTWTFSS
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
 
 
 
CONTACT US
 

COMMUNITY COUNCIL OF MENOIKO
Agiou Kyprianou 18
2728, Menico Nicosia
Tel: 22821478
Fax: 22821033
Emailmeniko1@cytanet.com.cy

Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc